Wednesday 22 July 2015

Emoji Literacy

Yesterday I became aware of this shocking statistic:


"ROUGHLY 40 PERCENT OF AMERICANS DON’T KNOW HOW TO READ 
OR WRITE EMOJI (/e’moje/). THAT’S NEARLY 120 MILLION PEOPLE. 
IT’S A SAD REALITY, BUT IT’S ONE DOMINO’S IS HOPING TO CHANGE."

Domino's Pizza has launched a whole campaign on the subject of Emoji Literacy, including Flashcards!

Now the Flashcards, as amusing as they were, are all gone already. But you can still print your own on the emoji literacy website.

But the whole thing got me thinking about how familiar and comfortable emoji are for my students. SO...

Here is my own first edition of Spanish Emoji Flashcards. 

Free to download, print* (laminate if you like) and share! They're just the smiley faces and emotions/ reactions for now, but I may do another set with other things sometime. Or you can, and share in the comments 

* To get the words on the back of the right pictures you'll need to print two sided, turning on the short side of the page. I hope that makes sense cos I really can't work out a better way to explain it!

No comments:

Post a Comment