Sunday 19 July 2015

5 Great Blog Posts I Read This Week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettheath/
I completely love Twitter, and I use it to stay in touch with current theory and ideas in Modern Foreign Language and English Teaching.

You can follow me  if you like...



...I retweet the stuff that I find personally useful, interesting or amusing, and I put my own blog posts there too.

This week my top five blog posts (in no particular order) were the following:

1. This post from Edutopia is about 7 Apps for Student Creators, is chockablock full of great ideas for using technology in the classroom. Adobe Voice, in particular, seems ideal for taking the stress and "on the spot" anxiety feelins out of oral work in the MFL classroom.

2. LitandTech  had a great post this week on How I used Socrative for Writing Instruction
I see their efforts flow onto my screen as soon as they submit them. I can tell right away which students are "getting it" and who needs more help. It's low stakes because they know I'm not grading these, we are just experimenting with a new skill.
3. FrenchTeacherNet had a great post on An approach to translation which keeps emphasis on target language, with examples in French that could easily be created in other target languages.

4. TeacherToolKit (which is rapidly becoming one of my faves) wrote about Twitter for the Classroom with a really simple and easy to follow step by step guide that anyone could follow

And Finally,

5. Transparent Language write a flipping excellent post with loads of vocabulary on the topic of Giving Advice in Spanish.
Seriously, this one made my day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment